SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjwtexas

Which Miele Upright Vacuum? Dynamic U1 Jazz or Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog?

TJW
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The Cat & Dog is $50 more. The Jazz is a crazy yellow, but has the HEPA filter we want. We have one pet who does get on the furniture but does not shed, although our Christmas guests had two giant shedding beasts that may be swaying me towards adding the additional $50 tool : ). We also have newly carpeted stairs (the master bedroom and stairs are the only actual carpet . . . plus 2 area rugs in living rooms). I wouldn't mind saving $50, but not sure if I would regret not getting the 'turbo tool'. Does anyone have a Miele upright that could weigh in? Here is what we were told by the rep:

"The Jazz comes standard with HEPA; the Cat & Dog comes with the granulated charcoal filter. However any Miele upright will accept the HEPA filter. HEPA filters cost 49.95 when purchased individually and are changed once per year. If you prefer, I could take the charcoal filter and the extra turbo tool out of a cat and dog and replace with HEPA for the Jazz price. You would then have a white Jazz instead of yellow. The difference in price is the extra turbo tool that normally comes with the cat & dog. We often sell the tool as an addition with other models to people with carpeted stairs, pets who sleep/shed on the furniture. "

Comments (5)