SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_249343395

Installing base cabinets on uneven floor

Kristen Kriss
5 years ago

Hello! New to the site, hoping to get a little help.

My my boyfriend and I have been renovating our dining room addition and kitchen. It has been a nightmare. 1947 cape cod. We found termite damage, way more than we expected (it was disclosed and a little evident). Okay, we rip out the old crappy cabinets, a layer of linoleum, a layer of particle subfloor, another layer of linoleum glued to hardwood, the hardwood, and replaced all of the damaged original plank sub flooring. Phew.

We put plywood subflooring over the planks to make it even with the dining room addition, but the damage was done a long time ago. The flooring is slanted and apparently uneven.

We we bought new cabinets and lined up the bases. There are now random gaps of awkward small distances between the cabinets and the one wall of the far left cabinet. We can’t install them like that.

Before we we hire a professional, has anyone ever encountered this who maybe has a suggestion on how to cheaply (LOL) even everything up? Shims? I am afraid they will settle. Try and somehow make the floor even? That seems impossible.

Any help would be so appreciated :)

Comments (17)