Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll Show You Mine/You Show Me Yours - M 12/24

5 years ago

Just a little christmas tree...

Comments (33)

• 5 years ago

• 5 years ago

Merry Christmas, Annie!! Beautiful tree you have there. I share my little tree with Carmelita!

• 5 years ago

Merry Christmas to you as well Murraysmom!

• 5 years ago

One year, we grabbed some willow twigs and a vase to sort of "Charlie Brown it."

• 5 years ago

This is our little tree that we have been using for over 10 years. Got tired of putting up and decorating a big tree, especially since I did most of it alone. This was a few years ago. Elvira always liked to sniff all the packages.

• 5 years ago

Our tree this year, with the topper cropped out of the photo. [In a previous forum thread, it apparently incensed some members sufficiently that they told me I needed to remove my "G"-rated topper--not just from the photo, but from my tree! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ]

• 5 years ago

Oh I missed it...what on earth could it be to cause anyone distress?

• 5 years ago

I must have missed that. What was it about the topper that led to the objections?

• 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

[Removed the sneak peek photo]

• 5 years ago

Oh gyr, I think it's cute! If it makes you happy, that's all that matters!

• 5 years ago

We don't put up a tree, but this is one of my favorites from the Christmas holidays we've spent in Bangkok. They go all out with the trees and decorations over there, but I was really drawn to this little unassuming tree in a neighborhood bar a couple of blocks from where we were staying:

• 5 years ago

Awwww, I think it's cute too. I love the whimsy and can't imagine why it would bother anyone. Your tree, your house, your rules!

• 5 years ago

Thanks, Annie and Dawn. I think so, too. One year our topper just would not stay on the tree, so I put him there instead. Everyone laughed, and it became a family tradition. But some online folks thought it was sacrilegious, due to their faith in Adam, Eve and a certain moustached, hat wearing friend. I didn't want to start another round of Hot Topics worthy posts in the photo thread, so I cropped him for safety reasons.

• 5 years ago

It's too bad a person even has to worry about something like that, but I understand your wanting to keep the peace.

• 5 years ago

My skinny tree. It is the perfect size for this house. I just can't get the star to stay straight. I have a pretty Fleur-de-lis topper but it doesn't show up well.

• 5 years ago

These threads are such a nice pocket of kindness and beauty. I am enjoying everyone's beautiful trees.

Here is a close up of our year round (artificial) tree. The ornaments are all about love: hearts, birds, dogs, and peace. It makes us smile all year.

• 5 years ago

We have four trees this year. What was I thinking?

Main tree in LR

Kitchen tree on island
    DR tree
    And finally my upside down tree in the entry.
    Merry Christmas.

• 5 years ago

In Sorrento, Italy

• 5 years ago

I do have a second, smaller tree in the kitchen/FR...

• 5 years ago

Best wishes to all KTers for a happy and peaceful holiday.

• 5 years ago

• 5 years ago

Our tree and a tree our Guild decorated downtown as part of the city’s Tinsel Trail this year. I have some smaller ones thru the house too.

• 5 years ago

No tree this year. but here is a picture of the tree decorated along the bike trail.

• 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Annie and to all KTers. I really enjoy seeing all of your trees. We don't put up a tree anymore and I'm sure if we did, our two cats would take it down quickly. LOL

Annie Deighnaugh thanked lindaohnowga
  • 5 years ago

I can't get a good photo of my tree with my cell phone so here's my tree topper. A Mark Robert's Holly and Ivy Fairy that I bought this year.

And one of my many Santas wearing a TD bank elf hat.

• 5 years ago

Fun thread. Although, Jim's friend, a beaver I believe, seems to be eyeing nhbasket's final right above him, with a bit of nervousness. Or maybe it is just admiration. :D

Annie Deighnaugh thanked gyr_falcon
  • 5 years ago

More trees from Bangkok. It's share them now or wait another year and I'm not good at waiting!

OK, now that I got that out of my system, I'm done now!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked DawnInCal
  • 5 years ago

While we’re posting Christmas Trees, here is a photo I took from my spot in the center of row 6 from the bottom of the Living Christmas Tree after one of our performances when we were taking a curtain call. I am usually up a row or two but this still gives a pretty good perspective of the orchestra and the height looking down.

Pans the pro photo.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked OutsidePlaying
  • 5 years ago

I've never had my own tree (at least not indoors), but here's a photo from my childhood with my younger brother. I think I'm about six or seven in this picture:

Looks like I did not get my front tooth for Christmas that year.

• 5 years ago

This is all I could muster this year. a little ceramic tree and cards, but that is it. Didn't even decorate anywhere else in the house other than get out the 3 Christmas coffee mugs! I have zilch Christmas spirit. But when daughter comes over for gift exchange at least there will be this.

• 5 years ago

Oh ... Goodness! ... did I sleep through the fun ... again?

About something atop a tree?

That is judged/claimed to be 'G" rated ... that'd be as in "Grownup", do ya figger?

Some reference to "Adam and Eve" and as I consider possible ramifications, I don't recall what the names given to the purported two initial individuals were in the Torah for Jews/Hebrewand Greek scriptures for Christians ...

.. but whatever names they carry in English would have to be aliases, wouldn't you think?

I remember some discussion a while ago about painters in an earlier period portraying them as carrying belly buttons - tsk! tsk!.

And some (well, at least one) of the distressed ones were so incensed that they said you shouldn't even have it in your own home?!

Have you heard that China's selling quantities of their advanced surveillance equipment to a number of countries who recently have been moving toward becoming more autocratic?

The capped, moustachioed creature? Doesn't seem to be any connection to the purported snake in Eden.

The guy with the flying reindeer and sleigh? I heard some time ago that his jacket was brown until he got connected with coke, as in the makers of drinks, rather than as companies that make a gray product by de-gassing some kinds of coal by using limited heat, the coke that's often used in steel-making.

That was when he began sporting a (guess what) ...

... red coat!

Hi Lars,

Where've ya bin, buddy?

Haven't ya heard?

Santa doesn't bring even one tooth to folks wot're gonna ...

... grow their own!

ole joyful ... (all of whose teeth have departed)

p.s. the "helpers" sure didn't like that "wot're" much - sometimes persistence pays!

o j

Annie Deighnaugh thanked joyfulguy
  • 5 years ago

Really really enjoyed seeing all of your trees and Christmas scenes today. Feeling the Christmas spirit now!