SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candy_o_connor

Black Grout turned White

Candy O'Connor
5 years ago
After a very slow install, tile contractor finally began to grout today. After much debate, we selected a black grout to ensure a dark look and match the graining in the tile. This evening when I went to the home to view what what had been completed, I was horrified! It was all but white- not just in a few areas but throughout all of the the area that has been grouted. I am trying to not overreact but it looks horrible.

Any thoughts on what causes this? Our GC has been exerting a lot of pressure to get this job done and I am wondering if things are not being done property. I am already expecting some pushback as they did not want to do black grout because they said that there maybe be efflorescence, but this is what color we wanted and I am not sure why it can not be done properly. This is not just a little issue it’s truly though out all of the grouted area. Any insight on what could cause this and how would we go about correcting it. There is still half of the house to be grouted but until we figure out what is going on, I really don’t want to go any further.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths