SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug9a

Roses to please DH? Need help..

This forum has been super helpful for me and I am drawing a blank, so figured I can reach out to the rose experts on this forums instead on continuing my google searches that have not been productive.
Here is my problem: I tend to like a certain type of roses in a certain color, pale pinks, creams, warm pinks, apricots in cupped, cabbagy, old fashioned form. My husband keeps commenting that they all look alike (not really!!), and he likes stronger colors, double colors (sigh), different bloom forms etc.
I have a way to add a couple of stronger colored roses, and I could do one of the two options:
1. add a deep apricot (has to be noticeably darker than lady of shallot), and a deep pink (darker than Baronne Prevost)
2. Add a couple of roses that have both medium to deep apricot and pink, some shaded or double color options? Or a roses that change colors as they age in that color range
A medium sized rose would do, and I am in Houston, TX. I dont intend on spraying, will do if something is severe. Most of my current roses are from ARE, so if they carry it, that would be great, also can buy elsewhere. Own root would be great as well.
This is a prime spot in our yard, so hopefully I can get him his color fix and also blend in with other roses I have here. I did manage to fit in a red rose for my son in my plans (sweet pegge arriving March 2019). It is very challenging as I have a very small yard and everyone has strong preferences, I guess including me!!

Comments (72)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm