SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nichole_sara

Front room / dining area

Nichole Sara
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Through my google searches tonight on front room dining room combos (Researching before i purchase my table) I stumbled upon this little pot of gold of a website. Even though I read similar posts with like issues, I feel compelled to ask for personal advice/direction.

Basically ... I need a dining area for at least 6, potentially more if possible? But with truly wanting to keep the sitting room as the more dominating factor (if that makes sense). My kitchen-family grand room is through the doorway, the eating area in the kitchen sucks! I currently have a 4 seat pub table but want to replace that with a butchers island. I have two stools at my island bar in there as well. I don’t know if that information is valuable or not, let me know if you need further details to help! I’m not the best at this, bear with me.

I keep thinking of having my husband make a built in corner bench at the window wall and shared kitchen wall across from the front door and getting a collapsing leaf table of some sort with some of those industrial iron chairs. Is that ridiculou? Any and all recommendations and advice are desperately needed and appreciated!

I have a big immediate family, household of 7. Two of them are under 2 years ol and an even later extended family on both sides who are over often.

Id say my “style” is comfortable, home-y, with an annoying love for the rustic modern farmhouse vibe. But most importantly I want anyone to walk in to my home and feel at ease, not afraid to spill something but still think ”how cute is that” type of thing, you know? I am embarrassing myself, I’ll stop talking now and wait for some questions and comments.

* attached pictures: view from kitchen family room doorway

, front door,

and stair case.

( the stuff in the corner is all donations minus the high chair)

* & my husband promised to fix all of my awful unlevel hanging jobs I did this week hahaa

Comment

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm