SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popmama

Barrel staves finally found a home!

popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I think these are/were barrel staves. I found them on the side of the road in a pile of sticks one day about two years ago. I just loved the reddish paint on them and their rustic rusty junk quality. I have had them stashed for a while not exactly knowing what I wanted to do with them. I had seen a few ideas on pinterest. But this year, I finally got an idea for them. I wanted to recreate an outdoor holiday planter with metal orb I had seen on pinterest. Suddenly it occurred to me that I had these! I have them strapped together with zip ties for now, but I plan to have someone drill a hole through all three so I can add a nice big screw and finial. But for now, I will just add some more Christmas greenery to the top to hide that. I have them weighted in the bottom of the pot with a couple of rocks. The white faux birch branches light up. I need to add a bit more greenery to the center and possibly a lantern, but I am loving these all over again!

Sometimes my family or friends will comment on my collection of stashed garden junk. I hear them say, "what are you going to do with that?" I usually answer quite honestly, "As of today, I do not know. But I am sure an idea will come to me at some point!"

Comments (12)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner