SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Xpost Home Deco Convo.......stocking stuffers

eld6161
5 years ago

I don't seem to see The Kitchen Table when selecting multiple places to post. I looked all through the list!

My two DD's (age 29 and 31) still enjoy the stocking stuffers, probably even more than the gifts.

Can be any price range, low to high.

I always do various make-up , lotions, scratch offs, but am hoping there are some fun new things out there.

What has been a hit for you?

Comments (20)

• share_oh
    5 years ago

Are they out on their own? How about some cool kitchen gadgets? My 28 yr old DD would love that, but her 23 yr old sister would not! One cooks and one doesn't.

I used to get a lot of candy to shove down in their stockings. : )

eld6161 thanked share_oh
  • Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

My daughters are 21 and 25 and I am still doing an Advents calendar. Actually, my mother in law does one and I am doing one and they alternate. My older has the even numbers on mine, the uneven on the other. Of course now I have to put most in extra stockings and mail them. Mine have everything from essential oils for their diffuser, socks, art pens, stamps, face masks, earrings, modeling clay, honey samplers, tea samplers, nice shower gel, potato peeler and wooden spoon. Oh and a crystal for one of them. She likes pretty rocks. Whatever fits. They still love this and it’s kind of fun for me to do.

Edited since I just thought of some other things I put in there. A “South Carolina homesick candle” for the daughter now in NY, these rubber exercise bands, reusable produce bags for the one that hates the plastic bags in grocery stores, thin scarf with a funky print from Etsy, headache zapper oil.

eld6161 thanked Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
  • User
    5 years ago

Eld, I think the Kitchen table is under the T’s, (for the). If you type “the kit” in the search topics field it comes up. I have the opposite problem. If I start a thread in Kitchen Table, I can’t find the link to add the decor convo forum.

eld6161 thanked User
  • DawnInCal
    5 years ago

Fridge magnets, earrings, socks, favorite food (my hubby loves smokehouse almonds), notepads, post it notes, pens, lip balm, emory boards, nail polish, hair clips, gift cards, tickets to a show, concert or other event they'd enjoy, bookmarks if they enjoy books, mini flashlight for key fob - the stocking was always my favorite part of Christmas and shopping for stocking stuffers was my favorite part of the shopping! I was constantly on the lookout for small things that would fit in the stocking.

• bengardening
    5 years ago

so does this mean that you posted it on the home decorating forum too?

• nicole___
    5 years ago

Finger tip pot holders. Kitchen gadgets, chopper scrapper(Dollar Tree $1), or an over the cabinet towel holder $1. Apple cinnamon candles by Yankee Candles. Good chocolate bars. Candied mango.

• happy2b…gw
    5 years ago

I am glad to see Christmas gift threads on the forum. I need a jump start this year for some reason. I think this year I will start with the stocking stuffers and work up to the bigger gifts. I prepare Christmas stockings for my 3 daughters and 7 grandchildren - 3 girls and 4 boys. I find it fairly easy to find gifts for the big and little girls. The little girls are in middle school, so they like many of the personal girlie products like face masks, creams, lip gloss, body sprays. The boys - 16, 12, 9, and 6 - take more thought and browsing in the stores on my part. I like selecting the stocking stuffers. No worry over size, color, likes. Thanks for the ideas.

Last year my daughters got a kick out of these lid rests and they use them. Sur la Table has cat and dog sets this year too.

eld6161 thanked happy2b…gw
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    5 years ago

How about some fuzzy sole-less slippers with the rubber grippers -- babba slippers. If they live someplace cold, they will be most appreciated. But make sure they have the grippers! I knitted a pair of slipper socks for my GF who wore them down her wood stairs, slipped and broke her toe! ($10 at kohl's ...less when on sale I'm sure)

Or some fun printed socks.

If they like tea, maybe a tea sampler or one they haven't tried yet.

The pashmina scarves come in so many beautiful colors, they're a nice gift to stuff. ($5 at the dollar stores)

One time my Mom found little scented tea lights that smelled like chocolate...a calorie free way of enjoying it!

We've never done stockings, so if these suggestions aren't any good, that's probably why.

eld6161 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    5 years ago

Oh, my GF told me she makes her own book marks so if they're readers, they might appreciate it. She finds a comic strip she likes and then "laminates" it using packaging tape on both sides. I'm actually thinking of doing that for her as a little gift. I thought I'd color both sides of the page in one of my zen coloring books and then laminate it with the packaging tape and cutting it to size as a way of doing a custom bookmark for her.

eld6161 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • happy2b…gw
    5 years ago

.I returned to this thread here and in Home Decorating Conversations this morning with pad and pen to take notes. What a treasure trove of ideas and sources! My grandkids like TicTacs and I always pick up a chocolate orange like this. Food and treats are challenging to include because one grandchild has Celiacs Disease and an other food allergies, so I hunt and do a mix and match. Any accessory for phones are popular- chargers, cords, protectors. I am looking at stick-on wallets/cases. The littles liked receiving yo-yo's last year.

eld6161 thanked happy2b…gw
  • janey_alabama
    5 years ago

A nice pair of driving gloves that are also warm. I like to find old movies that they watched as a child.

eld6161 thanked janey_alabama
  • georgysmom2
    5 years ago

For older boys, Swiss Army Knife, for girls, earrings. Steinmart has nice fashionwatches for $15.00 - $20.00. Cute Christmas socks.....BB&B has the metal charge card holder cases.

Annie, Staples and Office Depot has a laminating service for a very small price if you want your project to last a long, long, time.

eld6161 thanked georgysmom2
  • katlan
    5 years ago

Card games, Uno, Phase 10, etc. I have bought the Left Center Right game as a gift several times.

eld6161 thanked katlan
  • adellabedella_usa
    5 years ago

My kids like pocky (thin dipped cookie sticks) and ramune soda (it has a marble in the top of the bottle). You can find in the Asian aisle of the grocery store. They also like the jello like treats that come in various fruit flavors.

Fun socks are always good. $5 and $10 gift cards to Starbucks or other chains like Chick-Fil-A or Raising Cane's or other local favorites. My kids like to get coffee mugs.

eld6161 thanked adellabedella_usa
  • DawnInCal
    5 years ago

Stuff for the guys depending on their interests: fishing lures, fishing line, a fishing pin for their fishing hat, golf tees, golf balls, golf towel, bowling towel, tire gauge, automotive gadgets (ask the guys at the auto parts store), pocket knife, tickets to a sporting event, tape measure, screw driver, kitchen gadgets, hunting stuff, socks and work gloves.

We haven't done stockings the last few years, but this thread inspired me to try to talk hubby into having them this year. I love the stockings and I love buying stocking stuffers!

• eld6161
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Gigi, yes this:maybe he should be doing my stocking...better late than never.

ETA: My tradition is 12 small things in the stockings for my DD's, I make it hard on myself.

So far I have 9 in one and 6 in the other.

DH I get a few things but never twelve.

• Judy Good
    5 years ago

gas cards, fast food or restaurant cards, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, dental floss, nail polish, nail files, scratch offs, chap stick, book of stamps, tissues, hair ties, I could go on and on...….

• User
    5 years ago

WWF has neat socks. Donate and choose the socks and other stuff.

thats World Wildfire Fund.

a donation to their favorite charity?

• dragonflywings42
    5 years ago

Judy Good - you brought me right back to my childhood with your list.

My parents were frugal (Depression era) and my sister had juvenile diabetes. The gifts in our Christmas stockings and Easter baskets were very practical; underwear, pencils, nail files, tiny notepads, combs, handkerchiefs, sugarless gum, etc. Nothing pricey ever went in a stocking. I was shocked to learn, as I got older, that friends would get a watch or jewelry in their stocking. Such extravagance would never happen in our home.