SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

Time to pick a backsplash

gthigpen
5 years ago

I see the question of what backsplash to pick asked all the time. I think I read every one trying to gain insight on things to do and not do. I tend to play it safe and stick to traditional things. My family wants to go bold. Here is what I have...... an open floor plan with adjacent dining area and family room. Kitchen gets decent light but isn’t super bright because of a covered porch outside window. Adjoining family room is very bright.

Favorite color is blue and I know i want a blue tile. Cabinets are custom painted white dove on perimeter, island is painted a blue now that I’m planning on changing to either white or a darker blue (currently Jamestown blue but I hate it), island top is oiled walnut and perimeter is MSI quartz gray lagoon. I would say it’s a gray quartz that can go cool or warm but leans warmer. I’ve received a bunch of samples from Walker Zanger, The Tile Shop, Fireclay, Cle, Complete Tile, Tilebar, and Floor and Decor. I’ve already weeded out the ones that were not a favorite. Attaching a bunch of pics of the space and the tiles but specifically my question is around the largest dark blue tile. My family loves it. I’m a chicken and dark blue wasn’t what I was envisioning but it is growing on me. Can I go in this direction?

Samples all lined up .

Closeup of the Flow Smoky Blue Tile. It comes in 4 different patterns that we could mix.

Walls where the tile would go. Molding is still missing from the top

Tile would go all the way to the ceiling

Couple of google search images of the dark blue tile installed

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville