SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Time to pick out the backsplash, need ideas quick!

twogirlsbigtrouble
14 years ago

Counters are going in Monday. We really should have the backsplash material already, because the tile guy is starting the rest of the tile work in our house this week. This is for new construction and the whole house should be done in like 3 weeks. Im pulling my hair out, in tears, etc. Havent packed a thing and Im 7 months pregnant. Ok sorry, back to backsplash.

So weve got creamy white cabinets on perimeter with soapstone, mocha stained cherry cabinets on the island with marble and brazillian cherry end grain butcherblock on top. Heres some pics & info for a reference point....

Stainless Steel appliances

Modern Aire Hood - stainless with hammered bands

Pendant Lights for island

This area will have open shelving...

Some type of 3X6 subway is what Im looking for. Behind the hutch will be painted beadboard, so no tile needed there.

I was thinking marble subways, but I worry they wont look the same as our marble slab (which is Venatino). Could these be too blue? And would it be too much with our soapstone?

I ordered some samples from Ann Sacks. Plain subways or beveled subways in a white or off white. OR plain or beveled in a crackle subway. Yes, no?

Any other suggestions? Should I keep it neutral since I have so much going on everywhere else? No color? Just cream or white?

Also, should I keep it plain behind the rangetop or frame it out and do some other size tile. Herringbone, etc?

Comments (20)