SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rknala

Update on my brother Mike

katlan
5 years ago

If you remember we got devastating news about my brother Mike back in August. Lung cancer, stage 4 brain cancer, too many lesions to count.

He had a golf ball sized tumor removed almost immediately, which relieved the intense dizziness, nausea etc. Then had 10 rounds of full brain radiation. He just finished round 3 of 4 scheduled bouts of chemo for the lung cancer. He had an mri done last Saturday, got a txt from my sister in law this morning with the mri results. This is her txt...

"Good news, mri shows decrease in size of lesions and some no longer conspicuous. Radiation worked. No masses. Mild mucous thickening in sinuses which antibiotic should take care of. Not totally out of the woods, still on chemo for lungs and later a pet scan will tell us more. He will be followed for 5 years. For now, this is great and prayers have been answered. Thank all of you for love, prayers."

I cried so hard I couldn't talk. Happy, thankful, hopeful tears this time. To anyone that has been praying for my brother, Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I humbly ask for your continued prayers. I know he's still facing a lot, but we have a glimmer of hope. I'll take it for now.

Thank you again everyone.

Comments (34)