SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

A different kind of Thanksgiving prep....

amylou321
5 years ago

The meal is planned. I will do my part the day before, making the dishes requested of me at my sisters house for her to heat up the next day. So now i can turn my attention to a much more fun Thanksgiving activity: my Christmas decor at work. I am working every night this week, including Thanksgiving. I usually put the decorations up Thanksgiving night, but this year i may start the night before. Depends on my mood i guess.I asked my boss to take down one of each size ceiling tile so that i could pre-cut the wrapping paper i will use to cover all of them,which he did. That's done (with no duplicates!) I have placed all of those removable sticky hook things everywhere where i will need them, and have checked/repaired all of my light strings. Now all i have to do is put up painters tape on the walls and doors, so that when i wallpaper them with different wrapping paper, the gorilla tape i use won't damage the paint. I think that is everything that i can do ahead of time. Still need to pick up some more wrapping paper for the walls,doors, file cabinets, and fridge, some tinsel, and maybe some of those window cling things. Oh and some candy canes for treats. And more lights. And whatever the heck else i see that i like and want and have to have. (I don't have a PROBLEM!!!!) I also have all of the outdoor decor and extension cords that i took home that will need to be brought back up to work, but that's no problem. The projector that i will use to play various Christmas movies is working well, though the screen could use some ironing and adjusting, and i seem to have misplaced my ELF DVD. No matter...I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County