SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayhomedesign

Covering Half of Window with Furniture?

Jay
5 years ago

My wife and I have a small room. You walk in door is all the way to the right side and we have just enough room for small night stand, queen bed, and night stand against that same wall.
The wall to the right is free and has my wife's dresser.
The wall to the left is 20" path for me to get to my side of the bed and has a window.
The wall opposite the door and head of bed has this:
https://imgur.com/a/EopuGji
I've also included picture with no furniture.
We each have a closet and I use the dresser stuck between. It is useful since it allows us to have separate space to get dressed. I most certainly cannot get by with less space then that closet and the dresser. The dresser itself could have more useable drawers for the size.
But I'm wondering if we're thinking of this wrong?
We like where the bed sits (the head of bed is against wood accent wall) so that isn't changing.
I have thought of putting a larger dresser for both my wife and I on the wall to the right. The downside? Then I cross her closet to get to things. In an already small room, it'll make it worse.
But I do wonder if it's a disservice to the alcove to have dresser covering half the window?
It is eastern facing so only gets morning light directly and we keep blinds drawn as a result (currently replacing).
Any and all help appreciated. Thanks!

Comment (1)