SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
house2homemommy

Front landscaping (z7 Long Island)

Pam K
5 years ago

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting. Been reading this forum for months and have found the advice given very helpful!

My husband and I need to spruce up our front yard. I’d appreciate any ideas or advice you all have!

I want to increase curb appeal with some simple landscaping. We are contemplatbig selling our house, so I don’t want to make the design very extravagant and costly. But if we stay here, I’d like to enjoy how the front of our house looks.

We have a ranch house with a large wooded front yard. A lot of the grass and plants in the foundation beds were destroyed when we replaced our septic.

The surviving plants in the foundation are very large, overgrown, and dead on inside, so can’t really be pruned. We’re thinking of removing most things and starting over, except for the large yew all the way on the left, which we would keep.

Would like to expand the depth of the beds by the house to add more dimension, and I like a combination of evergreens with green and variegated foliage, mixed with deciduous shrubs and perennials and colorful annuals so it looks good all year round. Because it’s fall, I do like some mums and ornamental cabbages etc for color.

One of the difficulties is the front yard is fairly shaded since there are many trees. Even when the leaves fall, the front of house is still facing north.

I also like the idea of an island bed in the middle of the yard incorporating one of the trees, to bring some curb appeal closer to the street and break up the large yard.

Im very visual, so any mock ups or images would be greatly appreciated!! I’m going to attach photos of the yard per the instructions given on previous posts.

Hopefully I’ll figure out how to attach

Thanks!!

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Front yard · More Info

Comments (20)