SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_louise11

Alpine Junior (Schefflera) lower leaf dark brown

Jessica Louise
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there, been searching the web trying to find an answer to my problem, not sure if I'm on right track, so some advice from some experts would be very greatly appreciated thank you :)
The other night I noticed my Alpine Junior had a couple of lower leaves turning dark. From tips to middle of leaf. Its more soft than crispy. I touched them and they fell off as well as a green one. The next day I inspected other leaves and cut off some that looked suspicious, little orange spots? (probably me being paranoid) and one that had its tip changing dark colour with a weird copperish circle and I think white patch?
It was sitting on floor in a low light hall entry as its ticket said low light but now I have moved it to dining room corner where there's bright indirect light so I can see if more leaves change.I don't have any sort of watering schedule, I have a moisture gage thing that I check potting mix with. I took the plant outside last time I watered, about a fortnight ago, let water come out the bottom. I always remove the water in dish as well. But testing potting mix today, closer to the plant is still in moist zone but edge of pot in dry zone on gage.
I am thinking of taking out pot and checking roots and changing potting mix and making new lot up with perlite, peat moss and sand because I'm afraid and unsure whether the potting mix is staying wet too long and read that those things help to aerate and drainage.
Help identifying problem, how to treat and anything I need to change or do, and potting mix tips and recipes are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much Jess

Comments (3)

Sponsored