SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yukio_chi

Feng Shui Dilemma in Potential Home

Yukio Chi
5 years ago
Hi All,

My mother and I have been shopping around for a home to accommodate our dog for a long time now.
We found a beautiful house in great condition, but my mother has concerns with the Feng Shui of the entryway.

The staircase is oriented almost directly across from the front door which, according to my mother and according to a feng shui expert her mother hired when she bought her first home, will result in all of the chi to flow out of the home.

I'll preface that I personally don't place much stake in feng shui, but it's important to my mother and grandmother.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to circumnavigate or address the feng shui issue as it's the only real detracting factor we came across.

I tabled the idea of extending the last tread to create a landing to re-orient the stairs but I would have to figure out if it's code compliant and the cost of that project. Our realtor suggested hanging crystals, but my mothers feng shui knowledge came from an expert my grandmother hired to consult them several decades ago and didn't address this, so she's not entirely comfortable with that idea.

Also, I didn't do a great job at the photos, but the side of the foyer is open to the dining room.

Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)