SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

I don't like Halloween & share your funny/strange H stories.

Oakley
5 years ago

Bunny's topic made me think of how much I loathe Halloween. We don't get any trick or treaters because we're in the country but it stems from childhood and I can't wrap my brain around it. Growing up I hated that I had to dress up even though Mom did a good job. It had nothing to do with spooky things either.

One Halloween was hilarious though, and thankfully my parents were gone for the evening leaving my brother and myself home alone. We were 16 and 17. Friends came over and we did the usual toilet papering & when we got back my brother put on the scariest costume that was so bad the cops were called! Our friends helped him.

He put on my dad's clothes and brought the suit jacket up over his head, and peeked out the button holes so he could see. Then he used a broom handle to hold one of those clear masks that makes you look pretty scary. His height in full costume was about ten feet.

Our house was on a shaded street which wasn't lit up and when he saw a car coming he walked in the middle of the street and scared the heck out of a male driver, and the man called the cops on us!

My parents never knew about that night. :)

Comments (15)