SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Our new 4 legged addition

salonva
5 years ago

We held off getting a new dog for the past 2 years (after our 2 had passed) since we knew we were going to be moving and all. I really wasn't looking forward to readying the house for sale and showing it with a puppy (we did that once and it wasn't terrible, but with a little planning I thought why do it). So we waited until now, having just moved in the middle of summer.

We were looking at various shelters, online and in person. DH is really the dog person. I like them, but am fine not having one and enjoying yours so to speak. He really wanted a female as he felt they are a bit more mild and we do have very young grandchildren.

The funny thing is, we were looking for a female, between 1 and 2 years old. Last week at one of the shelters, they had a bunch of pups, mostly females, in a pen. We asked to see 2 of them and they were of course cute and sweet and we were debating. Then I asked to see one more who was similar color to them. They brought in the third dog who was also sweet but more mellow. We liked that one. Turned out to be a male. We went back for him on Friday, and have had him now 2 days. He is really super sweet, guessed to be 6 months old . I had all these names picked out for girls, and no ideas for boys. He had a name at the shelter, but being 6 ish months old and a stray he was not attached to it.

After many hours, I decided he is Wally.

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus