SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita__az

New additions to our family (picture)

Nita__AZ
16 years ago

We went to the animal shelter in Tombstone this afternoon. They have advertised that they were over run with kittens. We were looking to adopt one for a play mate for Smokey but ended up with 2 brothers who are between 6 and 7 weeks old. The shelter had a sale...buy one for $25 and get as many as you wanted free after that. This includes spay and neuter plus all shots. Can't beat that deal. They were born at the shelter and have not known anything but the cage they were born in. Boy were they thrilled to have so much room to explore here at home.

The dark one I have named Bandit and he is quite the character. He is very fiesty and is into everything. He also has double paws which you don't see too often. The little gray one doesn't have a name yet. Mike said he wanted to name him GT but I said no. His thinking is that we have Smokey and the Bandit and in the movie they drove a Firebird GT. I think he needs a real name like Dusty or something. We will see.

Smokey is really bent out of shape with these additions. He hisses and has tried to bite them once. I don't allow him to be alone with them. I follow him around and gently tell him "no" and he backs off. He will get used to them and they will all be best of buddies I am sure.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (35)