SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_357505373

Home Office Update

HU-357505373
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Updating my Home Office that has been pretty much the same since 2000. My Home is a higher end home so I want to make sure that the Office is appropriate for the price range.

My initial plan was to install dark wood flooring and to have the cabinets and wood trim refinished to match the floor.

I hired an Interior Designer for a consultation to help me get past some Design Dilemmas and she was a great help. I have several rooms that I am going to update.

I'm having a hard time swallowing one thing she suggested for my office. Her thought was to have the doors replaced with ones that are larger and touch in the middle and that don't have the curved design on the top. I am ok with that if it is the right thing to do, however, she also though I should paint them White.

I've always thought that traditionally stained wood was timeless. Am I mistaken? I would hate to paint everything and then a few years from now there be a push for stained wood and I would be stuck.

Also, I need some help with finishing off the room. I used to have a Cherry Queen Anne style desk under the double window since I often had a couple of kids in there doing there own thing. Also open to Window treatment ideas. The current shades were added when I was low on funds and needed to be able to darken the windows so that there wasn't a glare on my screens.

The windows are unfinished since they were all replaced after a Hail storm.

Comment (1)