SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fredmarie2

"Office" versus "gaming" chair for home office

Fred Jackson
4 years ago

I am looking to upgrade the office chair in my den (home office) at home. I am not enthralled with traditional leather chairs as they look old fashioned, out of date, and would appear to belong to a generation that I am not part of.

Rather, I am intrigued by the "gaming chairs" that I have seen advertised, in particular the one below. I am wondering folks can offer comments about whether or not this would be a good match for my home office. (I can post pictures of my home office if need be, but for privacy would prefer not to).

The colors in my home office are dark red. The desk, shelves, and cabinets of my home office are all a black cherry stained finish (very dark red). The carpet is a neutral color and the walls are also neutral (not white) walls. The doors of my office also are a dark red and similar tones. I have three monitors on my desk, all black or silver. I would say overall that my office is very strongly a traditional office and definitely not a modern office. But, I am not a fan of traditional desk chairs.

I wish the particular chair was a dark red rather than bright red. I can also choose the black version as well, but I am intrigued by the red color.

Comments (8)