SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Built-in Home Office Update

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

I received elevations this morning from one of the designers that I wanted to share with you. I also went to the showroom yesterday of a different designer whom we are working with and so I have some more ideas I'd like feedback on.

First, here is the design which is based on a 24"deep desk all around:

{{!gwi}}

When working with the other designer yesterday we were basiing a desing on 20"deep desk, it is apparant to me that I will actually get MORE storage with a shallower desk. That is because to get the proper desk angle with a deeper desk the cabinets have to be reduced in width. Based on that fact plus having more open space to move around, DH and I are almost positive we want to stick to 20" deep. The only exception may be the tall cabinet to the left. There is a different cabinet I've picked out the will have 3 file drawers on the bottom and a raised counter.

Here is my design (rough) that I am thinking of having all three quote on (in both white and african walnut) with a laminant counter:

The other item we had discussed which I'd like feedback on is taking the desk on the right all the way to the step with no gap between. This would have to be a custom piece and it would need to be angled back on the side to connect with the step. I have a similar piece in my kitchen island I am envisioning:

Here is a link to the other thread if you wanted to view the pictures again:

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom cab in kitchen

Comments (12)