SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nj_mom

Have I pissed off my contractor's office manager?

NJ Mom
5 years ago

I need a reality check. Our contractor is very good -- they work fast with almost no downtime (3 or 4 days total since work started 6 weeks ago), their subcontractors do very high-quality work, and none of them seem like jerks. That said, I've been having a lot of trouble getting their office manager to call me back the last two weeks, and she was very responsive before then. Today I sent her 4 text messages over the course of several hours asking her to please, please PLEASE call me back. There were numerous questions to answer (flooring guy seemed confused about the staining timeline, countertop guy brought a sample of something we did NOT pick out, the power went out while the plumber was trying to fix our busted heater, tile still isn't in, etc.) She kept texting that she would get right back to me, but never called me back. I'm wondering if I said something, or if she's just unusually swamped.

Part of it is that my husband's parents booked their tickets from India for November 17th, so their 8-10 week timeline is now a hard 8 weeks. And then my husband went over to the office yesterday with his own spreadsheet to try and speed up the timeline (I tried to tell him not to do that, but he did it anyway). And then in my anxiety, I asked her to confirm that they ordered the right cabinets (because one of the diagrams of the layout showed the wrong cabinets). I tried to be as apologetic as possible, but sometimes brain weasels are brain weasels, especially when it comes to something as major as cabinets. She never got back to me with that confirmation either.

So have I annoyed her to the point that she doesn't want to deal with me or my brain weasels or my family issues or overly pushy husband? Or was she just too busy to talk because we've suddenly created a lot more work for her?

Comments (60)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH