SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lissapsu38

Eggshell vs. Satin paint for baby's room

lissapsu38
5 years ago

Hello everyone! We are preparing to paint a room for our baby, who is expected in December. We are using Behr's Dolphin Fin on three walls, and I'm not sure whether eggshell or satin is the way to go. We have matte in some rooms in our home, and eggshell in others, but I know a baby's room is a different story. I've looked through prior Design Dilemmas and haven't seen a similar question with respect to a nursery (or I've missed it). Our room is in the back of the house; the single window faces west and we don't get a ton of light. Gets more in the afternoon, but it's pretty dark. One wall, to the left of the window, is a neat sailboat blueprint wallpaper (left by the previous owners and in perfect shape) similar to this one:

https://www.houzz.com/products/beach-style-wallpaper-prbr1-br~t_500~s_2110

The outside wall is somewhat grittier than the rest of the walls for some reason (we are repairing, sanding, but it won't be perfect) and I know shinier finishes can show imperfections. Lighting (I KNOW we haven't done it and probably should have done it before painting, but the new carpet is unexpectedly being installed Saturday so we have to paint now) will be two recessed lights and a fan, or a fan with attached lights. Based on this (or just the fact that a child will be living there), any recommendations as to paint finish? Any specific experience with Behr? THANK YOU!!

Comments (8)