SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veronica_law

How to Decorate a Dining Room with a River Table

Veronica
5 years ago

Hi All,

It's been a few years and we're finally coming around to tackling our dining room which has sat empty since we moved in.

We want to commission a river table but I'm a bit at a loss for what the room could look like with that as the center piece.

A couple of considerations:

1. This will definitely be a formal dining room. It opens out to a lovely garden - which we'll want to open the doors to for summer hosting.

2. It also opens up on the other side into our living room. So they need to work well together.

3. Room is a square: 13ft x 13ft

4. Table dimensions will be about 96"L x 42"W. The table isn't made yet but will be made out of black walnut and we want blue resin flowing through it.

5. Only thing hubby is against is brass fixtures. So we'll have to go with black or chrome.

Questions:

1. need help picking color scheme, rug and chairs - has to be kid proof - so enough patter and enough (faux) leather to keep things wipe-able clean.

2. I think I want the chairs backs to be lower so that it doesn't hide the table. So thinking maybe 30" or less?

3. What about chandelier?

Definitely overwhelmed and would love some thoughts and would love to know where I should look to find some of these pieces without breaking the bank.

Thanks,

Veronica.

Comments (15)