SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnnnie

need advice on kitchen cabinet hardware!

Linnie
5 years ago
•Small kitchen (45 sq ft counter space) in small four-square, 1907

•Stainless steel appliances.

•White Shaker cabinets being built (so unable to change!)

•Two-tier upper cabinets will go to ceiling (9 ft ceiling)

•Lower cabinets will all be drawers

•Semi-flush from Houzz ordered; return period has passed! houzz:///product/48412155-mariella-4-light-crystal-semi-flush-mount-chrome-contemporary-flush-mount-ceiling-lighting/lid=35005313

•Black/white Granite Counter 50% down, contract signed

•Single bowl 30” undermount stainless sink

•Low profile Broan hood, brushed stainless steel, “Alta”

•Plan is for outlets to run up along the cabinet back edge, out of sight. Light switches will be on Pantry Wall.

•Flooring will be natural maple (original flooring/110 yr old home)

•Have found a VERY AFFORDABLE simple ceramic subway tile at Floor and Decor. It’s on a square foot sheet, traditional off-set pattern. It is a softer white that goes well with cabinet white (Sherwin Williams 7005 — has already been applied to 75% of cabinets so can’t be changed — the same color as our painted woodwork throughout the house)

•I've purchased Kasa WiFi light switches that will dim recessed lights and semi-flush. I chose that particular semi-flush because I thought would be pretty dimmed in the evening.

I give these details because many of the above factors cannot be changed! I could "eat" the semi-flush if need be.

I decided against glass front cabinet doors since I need all the practical storage I can get, and I don’t have much pretty stuff to display, anyway!

We are retired, and lived with current kitchen for 35 years! Remodel starts in November.

QUESTIONS:

1) what color grout?

2) cabinet hardware suggestions for doors, for drawers (about 12 doors and approx 16 drawers)?

3) faucet? I currently have a relatively new pull-down brushed nickel single handle faucet, but can switch to another finish.

4) Should I "eat" the Houzz semi-flush and order something else?

Comments (8)