SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51576823

Is this bad tile job going to cause me problems?

User
5 years ago

I just had my shower tiled and the subway is bowed in some areas (you can see from the photos). The shower inset box is not great...I got schluter so I wouldn't have 12" seams...they box is 15x20 and the edges are crappy looking (you can see silver from the metal through the white where he attempted to miter the edges) and he cut into one of the subway tiles with a tool - looks like a grout line, actually (odd) and a couple of the floor tiles in the shower pan are higher than others. The floor itself is fine. I had cheap labor so I get that it's my karma, but still - I'm more worried about issues down the road with having bowed tile. Should I be concerned? I don't think he will do a good job if I ask him to replace it and I'm so over him in my house I just want him gone. Even so - how can a replacement be done? Would I have to rip it all out and start over? Or can I replace certain areas? I'm so over this renovation that I want to just suck it up and be done with him. I'm really sad, but I honestly can't afford to have someone new come in and redo everything.

Comments (35)