SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrtedaldi

Feng Shui for House Entryway

Jacqui
5 years ago

I live in a 1960s cape cod style home. I have started reading about Feng Shui and realize, I have quite a few design dilemmas in my home. Aside from the stairs being in the center of the house, my entry door opens directly to the staircase. As you can see from the picture, I do not really have a foyer so I have limited options on how to remedy this. Also, when you walk in the door, you walk into my living room so I need something that won't look completely out of place. I have read that hanging crystals from the ceiling by a red ribbon will help restore the energy balance but that just seems like it would look quite odd. To give perspective, the distance between the door and stairs is 3'6". I should also mention that since we bought the house 3.5 years ago, we've had more illness, injury and in general, bad luck than we experienced in our entire 15 year history as a family. I was never one to believe in that stuff but I'm starting to consider that there may be something to a home's "energy". Thanks for any advice!

Comments (22)