SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Insurance fraud is rampant! I'm talking policy premiums. Argh!

nicole___
5 years ago

I'm posting this as a VENT.

My new house is in a high fire danger, wooded area. My current company wouldn't insure me. I had to go insurance shopping. Then most companies won't insure a rental unless your primary residence is insured with them.....so I had to take ALL polices with me. I chose major name brand companies, close by, so I didn't have to fax/unstaple 100 sheets of paper...just walk it over.

I'm on my 2nd policy/company and yet another bill for $1065 has been generated, added onto my main policy for no apparent reason other than the office I'm dealing with wants more money. note: the 1st company said they were adding 1500 sq feet onto my homes square footage to create a bill. What? The blue prints are on file with the tax assessor's office, which is online for public viewing. I said, "you have nothing to back that up with. " Didn't matter she said.

In each instance I called the parent company and they said they couldn't see the bill, it was NOT generated from the main office due to under writing or their advisement. They couldn't help me. FYI I read the agency's Google reviews. This last one, had 5 reviews. Only 1 was a low rating, the guy sounded angry so I dismissed it.

My only solution was to move my polices to an agent I trust from a past referral. Luckily I had one! He's a 40 minute drive. Yes, this is insurance fraud. An audit might turn up others paying these added on premiums. I did not know it was so rampant and so hard to find anyone who cares.....outside of a lawyer and legal action. The parent company isn't monitoring franchise billing and "bait and switch" is illegal. So frustrating!

In order to get the policies moved, I tried online, couldn't get it to make an account for me. Then I called the agency, they wouldn't answer my calls....until.....I hit *67. It blocks your number from showing up on the caller ID. Then....and only THEN...did I get through. UNREAL!

FYI I've "never"...."ever" filed an insurance claim.

Rant over. Thanks for listening....so frustrating...

Comments (25)