SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joaniepoanie

Question re health insurance wellness programs

joaniepoanie
8 years ago

Also posted in Home Dec conversations.....

I went to my dr yesterday for a checkup. Because I have had several health issues in the last 6-7 months she felt I might benefit from a program my insurance offers whereby a nurse practitioner calls me several times a month to see how I'm doing and if I have questions.

I trust my dr, like her, and have been seeing her for about 6 years. I felt a little bamboozled though when she came back in the room with a form for me to sign allowing the nurse to access my records. I wasn't thinking and just signed as she stood there watching me. I now wish I had taken the form home to read before signing. I'm also mad at myself for not getting a copy. But I also think the dr should have suggested I take it home or at least given me a copy after the fact.

Have any of you participated in such a program?

Some of the other questions I have are.....can my insurance co use the info from the nurse against me to raise my rates, etc? I am retired but my insurance is through my employer...can people in my organization gain access to my information? The way it was handled I almost felt the Drs office is getting a kickback for every patient they sign up. Or is this a good thing and I'm just being paranoid? Thanks for any info.

Comments (25)