SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes Sept. 29, 2018

User
5 years ago

Miguel de Cervantes Quotes

Spanish - Novelist September 29, 1547 - April 23, 1616

Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched.

Miguel de Cervantes

Forewarned, forearmed; to be prepared is half the victory.

Miguel de Cervantes

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.

Miguel de Cervantes

He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses his courage loses all.

Miguel de Cervantes

Drink moderately, for drunkeness neither keeps a secret, nor observes a promise.

Miguel de Cervantes

To withdraw is not to run away, and to stay is no wise action, when there's more reason to fear than to hope.

Miguel de Cervantes

For a man to attain to an eminent degree in learning costs him time, watching, hunger, nakedness, dizziness in the head, weakness in the stomach, and other inconveniences.

Miguel de Cervantes

Elizabeth Gaskell Quotes

British - Novelist September 29, 1810 - November 12, 1865

People may flatter themselves just as much by thinking that their faults are always present to other people's minds, as if they believe that the world is always contemplating their individual charms and virtues.

Elizabeth Gaskell

A wise parent humors the desire for independent action, so as to become the friend and advisor when his absolute rule shall cease.

Elizabeth Gaskell

My heart burnt within me with indignation and grief; we could think of nothing else. All night long we had only snatches of sleep, waking up perpetually to the sense of a great shock and grief. Every one is feeling the same. I never knew so universal a feeling.

Elizabeth Gaskell

How easy it is to judge rightly after one sees what evil comes from judging wrongly!

Elizabeth Gaskell

Madam your wife and I didn't hit it off the only time I ever saw her. I won't say she was silly, but I think one of us was silly, and it wasn't me.

Elizabeth Gaskell

Sometimes one likes foolish people for their folly, better than wise people for their wisdom.

Elizabeth Gaskell

Barbara Mertz Quotes

American - Author Born: September 29, 1927

I am so tired of ruggedly handsome heroes. I don't know too many ruggedly handsome people who are necessarily nice people. In fact, the beautiful people have a big handicap because they rely too much on their appearance and don't bother to become interesting.

Barbara Mertz

Sometimes the characters develop almost without your knowing it. You find them doing things you hadn't planned on, and then I have to go back to page 42 and fix things. I'm not recommending it as a way to write. It's very sloppy, but it works for me. Barbara Mertz

I've been reading ghost stories ever since I could read. I'm immensely curious about ghosts and UFOs and all that stuff, but I'm a very hard-headed person.

Barbara Mertz

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions