SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes Sept. 25, 2018

User
5 years ago

Jean Philippe Rameau Quotes

French - Composer September 25, 1683 - September 12, 1764

Emphasis on the common emotive or affective origins of music and words in the first cries of humankind undermines words.

Jean Philippe Rameau

Rhythm and sounds are born with syllables.

Jean Philippe Rameau

Verse, singing, and speech have a common origin.

Jean Philippe Rameau

Barbara Walters Quotes

American - Journalist Born: September 25, 1929

Success can make you go one of two ways. It can make you a prima donna - or it can smooth the edges, take away the insecurities, let the nice things come out.

Barbara Walters

It would be nice to feel that we are a better world, a world of more compassion and a world of more humanity, and to believe in the basic goodness of man.

Barbara Walters

I have affected the way women are regarded, and that's important to me.

Barbara Walters

Shel Silverstein Quotes

American - Poet September 25, 1930 - May 10, 1999

I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.

Shel Silverstein

I couldn't play ball. I couldn't dance. Luckily, the girls didn't want me. Not much I could do about that. So I started to draw and to write. By the time I got to where I was attracting girls, I was already into work, and it was more important to me.

Shel Silverstein

I want to go everywhere, look at and listen to everything. You can go crazy with some of the wonderful stuff there is in life. Shel Silverstein

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions