SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bfogg1253

What Have I Done To Our Kitchen??

bfogg1253
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Husband hated the dark granite in our little kitchen. So we installed Calcutta white Macaubas quartz, which we love. The Macaubas has a lot of gray, blues and gold.

The custom cabinets are 3 years old and in good shape. Our kitchen is north facing, and terribly dark even during the day. The backsplash was installed with the quartz and I think detracts..

The gold walls need to go, we are okay with a change, which means also painting our dining, living, foyer and hall with all need to be repainted

i don't know what to do, I hate the look. We are retirees, our little house is an open floor plan, the kitchen colors are not working, what do I change?

I have a budget of $2-3,000. Not including paint For walls and trim. But I have no idea of what colors

1. Change the wall colors? DH wants a white/ soft gray. Cabinets I believe have a red tone, quartz has a blue tone.

2. Remove and find another backsplash?

3. Paint the cabinets?

Or, do we do all three. I'm lost on a direction.

I've spent hours combing the internet for inspiration, but just get more confused. I'm devastated and lost.

Thank you for the help,

Bonnie

Our L-shaped kitchen

Our tiny dining area to the left

The living area snuggles next to the dining area. Like I said, it's a small house.

We lived in Africa for many years, so yes, those are ostrich eggs!!!

Comments (9)