SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Interesting discussion with DS about interior decorating

Oakley
5 years ago

I need to be armed with information if I bring the topic up again. I'm decorating my 8 year old DGD's room and I get to make all the choices. A dream come true! lol

The first thing I bought was a white shag rug & a nightstand. BTW, she had her own, much larger bedroom but decided she wanted the guest room to be her's, and it's smaller. But it has a lot of natural light.

Her dad placed the rug on the floor the other night and sent me a picture, which is below. I posted the picture in another topic the other day.

After I saw the picture I knew the rug needed to be centered with the bed. I walked over today to move the rug. While I was doing so, I asked DGD if she knew what interior decorating is. (have you all ever done that? ) She said no but she knew what decorating meant. I explained interior and exterior to her and I think she was interested.

I explained to her why the rug needed to be moved and had her stand where she could see the difference. I also explained centering. lol

I've also been teaching her about colors since I got her started on those adult coloring books using pencils.

When I went downstairs to get something, DS was there and I jokingly mentioned I was teaching his daughter about interior decorating and maybe she can get a degree in it later.

He said no, no way. He wants her to get a degree in something that makes money. I understood his point and while I do agree with it, I told him that ID was big right now, bigger than it's ever been, and she could also be an interior designer. No he said. We were laughing so it wasn't all that serious.

So tell me, is there money in ID? Good money to live independently?

Please note the Crosses. DS did that and I plan on grouping them. And lower Taytay's picture. :)

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022