SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

HELP! Yard Crew Sprayed my Plants with RoundUp!

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I complained that the yard crew had not done weed-eating on my front yard for months, and that I had been cutting the grass with scissors, so my manager got onto them and a few days ago, they went through and sprayed right along the front of some beds with RoundUp. I can already see the damage. Some plants are actually dying, and some are getting yellowing leaves on the bottom.

I have several baby brugmansia seedlings planted on that hill, and two of my Charles Grimaldis. The CGs seem fine, but the seedlings are starting to yellow from the bottom. My datura is also dying, with a full half of the plant looking half dead already. My red sweet potato vines are also dying, and they were just starting to grow. I'm also seeing leaves yellowing on my Christmas Cassia, but it's pretty large, and I'm hoping it's big enough to withstand the damage, although I don't know how much they sprayed around it. I know I can't save everything.

I want to try to save the brugmansia seedlings. If I dig them up and put them in fresh soil, can I possibly save them? I truly don't know what to do at this point.

I'm so angry, I don't know what to do! I'm going to have the manager come and see the damage for himself. I think they did it for spite. He has said he's hired another company, but they haven't started yet.

Comments (13)