SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
opaone

BS vs Wolf - We're switching from BS to Wolf

opaone
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We cook a lot, entertain a lot and enjoy cooking so our new kitchen is being designed with priority as a food workshop (design here: https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5296329/comments-critique-on-kitchen). We also want to be able to host some local chef's for dinners so have talked to them about what they'd want in our kitchen. After being quite sure we'd go with a 48" BS RNB w/ 24" griddle, it's looking like we'll get another Wolf.

In the end a good cook can produce great meals with either sealed or open burner but it sometimes requires more effort and may not be as enjoyable with the sealed Wolf burners.

Open burners will generally produce more even heat across the bottom of a pan, particularly in the center where Wolf burners miss and open burners put more heat to the bottom of the pan and less up around the side in to the cooks arms and face vs sealed Wolf burners. Open burners are more energy efficient. I think the only place BS totally beats Wolf though is with Wok cooking which, though we were looking forward to, we don't do much of currently.

Our current Wolf is the semi-sealed which aren't bad. I'd much prefer the BS open burners but the much better griddle on the Wolf and less frustration with uneven temps outweighs the advantages of the open burners. I can much more easily compensate for the lessor Wolf burners than I can for the lessor BS griddle.

Comments to talk me out of this welcome. :-)

Comments (18)