SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crownridge_gw

60" range options - Wolf, BS, Capitol, American Range???

crownridge
11 years ago

I am lucky enough to live out one of my kitchen remodel dreams of getting 60" range. I have spent quite a bit of time researching the various options, talking to appliance salespeople and even trying out a few of the manufacturers. I wanted to reach out to everyone on this form and get thoughts of the different manufacturer options.

My biggest revelation throughout this process is that rather than buying a 60" range I am just going to buy 2 separate ranges, either two 30" ranges or one 36" and one 24" and put them next to each other. I spoke to a Blue Star rep who said it isn't a problem to do this. The appliance salesperson even suggested it as a good option. It ends up being less expensive (about 2/3 the cost) and gives me more options to mix and match.

I have narrowed it down to the following options.

1. Blue Star RNB 24" 4 Burner and Blue Star RNB 36" 6 burner

>> 10 open burners would be pretty awesome, having the 36" oven for full size sheet pans would be nice too

2. American Range Performer 36" 6 burner and American Heritage 24" 4 burner

>> mix of open and closed burners gives me a lot of flexibility, again, nice to have the full sheet pan option

3. Capital Precision Self-Clean 30" (5 burner) and Culinarian 30" 4 burner

>> I'm less confident in this option as I have heard a few negatives about the Precision line.

4. Wolf 30" all gas 4 burner and Wolf 30" dual fuel range

>> It seems that everyone agrees the wolf electric oven is the best out there and is tremendous for baking.

I know that most of the people on this form have very strong opinions about the different manufacturers, open vs. closed burners, all gas vs. dual fuel but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the 4 options I have here, or any other suggestions for me.

I will be sure to post pictures once the remodel is done.

Thanks so much for the help

Comments (4)