SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Should the ticking stripe in bedroom and bathroom match?

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I think I've settled on this idea for my master bedroom makeover. Before I buy anything I've been trying to figure out what to do with the bathroom.

(We have a simple dark bronze Wesley Allen iron bed.)

• Navy ticking stripe euro shams
  • Two larger square pillows in the blue green fabric
  • lumbar accent pillow, undecided. Maybe solid, either the navy or indigo from the fabric and cording.
  • White coverlet & bedskirt
  • Navy ticking stripe duvet that matches the euro shams.

I'm considering this PB Wheaton duvet & euro shams but in the bathroom I think I'd like to do a roman shade in the green/blue fabric and use a navy ticking stripe shower curtain. I was going to order a custom shower curtain (long). The 'stripes' aren't going to match. Would you want them to match? Should I just order a custom duvet and shams that match the shower curtain?

PB Wheaton in navy w/ euro shams.

green blue fabric for square pillows

Shower curtain in this ticking stripe fabric.

Same shower curtain fabric - I'd use duvet and euro pillows.

Bedroom walls will most likely be BM Feather Down. New light curtains and bamboo blinds.

Some bathroom info: Builder basic. The floor is a blue gray vinyl squares (only thing gray in my house). Long vanity is painted SW Woodsy Brown (dark - could repaint or strip). Countertop is white. I think I may paint the walls in the bathroom a dark blue. I was aiming for emerald green but I don't know... I'm visual. I'd get a rug with all the colors and I have art for both rooms and will add some green majolica.

Thanks!

Comments (14)