SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_443923

Another kitchen cabinets question

Bobby A
5 years ago

Last two weeks have been reading about the kitchen cabinets as we need to update the look of our old kitchen. House is built 2000, we have been here a few yrs. Oak cabinets with arches which I don't like. Kitchen is L shaped, 142x107 inches with an island for sink, dishwasher and small 15" cabinet. Ceilings are 108". We would like to go for white shaker style in frameless. Started by visiting one of the local cabinet stores. The chinese ones were cheap at 7k. But then read about about the poor quality and chemicals used and what not. So went back and re-priced with Omega cabinets with small cabinets on top so all the way to ceilings (will add crown molding). Price quoted is $26k with all the discounts. My guess for similar Ikea kitchen would be < 10K. I am not sure. So here I am trying to find local cabinet makers like folks here suggest who are competitive in price. Would not find spending say $20k. Lowes near our house started with $15k but said they would need to come and measure and then quote. I have read about buying Ikea boxes and getting doors from Semihomemade and other places. My mind is over flowing right now. Any suggestions to help me out? Thanks in advance. Location is northern CA.

Comments (20)