SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcufrog

dishwasher drawers..

tcufrog
5 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has experience, good or bad, with them. My mother-in-law lives with us and I hate sharing a kitchen with her. She keeps encroaching on my territory with her stuff, she's passive aggressive about how often I run the dishwasher, and I don't trust her to unload the dishwasher because she's put dirty dishes away and she puts stuff away without asking where it goes. I ended up buying a second casserole dish and apple cutter (my kids eat a lot of cut up apples dipped in peanut butter) because I couldn't find the originals when I needed them.

Currently we're looking for a new home. We were hoping to find one with a self contained mother-in-law apartment but we haven't found one that has a proper kitchen without doing some expensive and intrusive renovations which we won't need if and when she isn't with us anymore. We did find one with a kitchen big enough for her to have own, separate storage space and space to easily add a dishwasher drawer for her to use for her stuff. The main dishwasher would be for me to use. We've never had one before though so I thought I'd ask the Houzz experts for feedback on them

Comments (20)