SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3bebe

Please help with kitchen layout, husband’s “ideas” are stressing me!:)

3bebe
5 years ago

Hi, I‘m not sure where to begin, but we had water damage that ruined our thermofoil lower cabinets and wood floors in dining and living rooms, so this is not a planned redo, but would like to make it a little nicer since we have to install new cabinets.

I have tried to find photos of condo kitchens similar to mine to get ideas, but haven’t really found any. We are sort of stuck with the general layout because this is a condo. We have an ugly huge support beam now and 2ft soffit over our weird shaped bar that has sprinklers and a/c ducts. We do think we can remove the soffit enough to do stacked cabinets to the 9ft ceiling on the cabinet wall side if you professionals think that would look nice, or remove 1ft and do 42” cabinets hanging from 1ft soffit. We are looking at 36” cabs and 18” stacks if we go to the ceiling.

Please help give me ideas of what would function and look decent. I’m posting a photo of the layout we have presently. I can also post drawings that the cabinet places we’ve been to have drawn.

This is a drawing of what is there now, except the sink is directly to the right of the beam and the dishwasher to the right of the sink in real life.

Comments (17)