Houzz Logo Print
jcjohnson

Please help me layout my kitchen

jcjohnson
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello All,

First, thank you for your help.

I've been trying to figure out the best layout for my kitchen for over a year. I really hope we can get this train moving and order some cabinetry soon. My kitchen is literally falling apart.

We are a family of 5. Mom, Dad, 3 boys ages 6 and the 3 year old twins.

We would prefer to open up the space by knocking down walls A and B.

Wall B is more important to knock down than Wall A. The living room tends to be darker and we want light from the kitchen area to come in.

Window A looks over our beautiful backyard so we would prefer to keep that.

I cringe at losing the light from Window C. It helps illuminate the living room.

Of course we'd love an island with seating in the kitchen space for the boys and also as food space while entertaining. Not sure how feasible that is.

My husband and I both cook and cleanup. It's primarily one person doing either of the two.

I would prefer a cooktop with double oven and prefer not to have a microwave drawer. If it is a micro drawer I would prefer it raised. We're tall. I don't like the idea of bending over to get into the microwave. The three year olds would probably break the microwave in a week if we did that too.

I also do not want my dishes in a drawer.

We really hope the sink is under a window as the boys will be playing in the backyard a lot.

A snack center would be nice.

I don't need a coffee and tea center. I make my coffee from a drip cup.

Want the largest most reliable, inexpensive counter depth fridge I can find. I have 3 boys. :)

We can't change the current laundry/pantry area easily, the electrical box is in there.

We're open to moving walls, windows, plumbing, etc.

Fingers crossed all of you can help!!!!

Comments (13)