SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6198431

Eze-Breeze Inside or Outside mount?

5 years ago

Hello, I believe this is my first post on Houzz. I've done a search on posts and photos for Eze-Breeze windows but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

We are having a new porch and deck built onto our home, there is no previous structure. The spot that we have is an L-shaped corner off of our morning room. The porch will be built in this 12'x16' space and there will be a small grilling deck off the front 12' wide section of the porch. The plan is to have a hybrid deck with pressure treated flooring and vinyl posts and railings with black aluminum balusters. The entire structure will be approximately 38" off the ground so railing will be required per code on the non-deck side of the porch. Our contractor said that the Eze-Breeze will need to be an inside mount because of the railing. I'm seeing a lot of photos though with the railing on the inside and the Eze-Breeze mounted on the outside. I've even seen outside mounted Eze-Breeze and then an outside railing added over that. I much prefer the look of an outside mount vs an inside (it doesn't look finished). Does anyone know if all of these interior railings I'm seeing are custom made so that the Eze-Breeze can be mounted outside? If an inside mount is necessary is it possible to add trim to cover the Eze-Breeze frame?

Comments (6)