SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
elle481

Eze breeze windows.Do you like them?

elle481
10 years ago

After months of consulting with several contractors about enclosing our screen porch with windows to keep the rain from ruining expensive sun room furniture we bought for our last house (and doesn't belong on a screen porch), I got cold feet. I realized I still wanted to keep the look and feel of my porch but windows, even casements, would make it another interior room and I didn't want another room, plus the prices we were getting were outrageous. Plexiglas was not an option because our openings are too big and really wouldn't do the trick because we would have to put them up every night and have no easy place to store them.

I had an idea put tracks on the window posts and make shades our of clear vinyl and was trying to research the idea when I came across Eze-Breeze windows. After checking them out and pricing them (they were a fraction of the costs of windows), we are seriously considering them.

Do any of you have these type of windows installed on your porch? Do you like them and are they easy to use? How do the hold up after several years? We live in New England and get lots of snow and rain.

Thanks, Elle

Comments (264)

• techno elevators
    2 years ago

Fene plast Manufactures UPVC windows, Doors and Shutters in chennai , using the most developed and advanced production systems of the moment, without forgetting that the final finish of its windows is completely manual, men and women who with their hands pamper and They take care of every detail of your new Windows . Your new feneplast UPVC windows are unique.

• Steve Woods
    2 years ago

Feneplast must live in a place with no bugs, no screens.

• Related Discussions

For Those of You that Have/Had Breeze

Q

Comments (19)
    Here in California the local eqivalent to rock crusher fines is known as decomposed granite fines, and unlike pea gravel, does not "crunch" when walked across. Unless a stabilizing polymer product is added to solidify it, it isn't ideal for slopes,(it easily erodes), and it does get tracked into the house and can ruin wood floors. If you don.t have a level pathway, you must use a polymer stabilizer, and you should also contain the edges if you want it to stay in place, which greatly adds to the ultimate initial cost to install it. If the stuff you are looking at makes noise when walked upon,(maybe it was never compacted with a roller), or it is mostly larger dized particles more akin to gravel. Gravel probably is a better choice for sloped paths and where tracking fines onto a wood floor is an issue, but still gets moved around over time and is going to require topping off occasionally and will also require weeding as will the pathway with smaller fines. Here in California the decomposed granite paths and paving readily grow moss and grasses such as annual blue grass each winter rainy season and need to be sprayed or hoed to keep clear. In the summer rainfall regions of the country, weeds will just grow in breeze that much faster.
    ...See More

Porch window WeatherMaster Sunspace vs Ez screen vs Eze breeze

Q

Comments (65)
    I am also working on finding the best way to convert my porch and have found another company like Sunspace with the 4 track windows. They are made in the USA and have only a 4 week turn around. I was not really impressed with the EZ Breeze design due to the moving parts that can break and the stacking. I do like the sunspace design the best. https://deckbuilderoutlet.com/v-4vinylwindows.htm I am looking at a DIY project and am getting quotes at the moment.
    ...See More

Beautiful rare cacti,do you like them?

Q

Comments (15)
    Thanks for the info Jeff, I've noticed most cacti with anything fuzzy on them are really difficult to keep mold / fungi free. Even my fishhook Ferocactus was getting a bit dingy near the spines before I moved it into brighter sun to dry it out in the mornings faster. Could always keep it in the house under grow lights, but I'd need more lights first.... hmmm ideas.....
    ...See More

Any experience with Styleline (similar to Eze Breeze) Windows?

Q

Comments (1)
    Did you wind up getting them? My contractor suggested them. Thanks
    ...See More
  • Charlie Fortanbary
    2 years ago

For those that have done these with new construction, did you put in HVAC vents in the space, or, treat it more like a deck? Some of the pictures I've seen have finished hardwood floors, and I thought those required a conditioned space?

• HU-860825956
    2 years ago

We hav had a couple the sliding clips break. I have heard they are easy to replace. Anybody else ever had this happen? And are there suggestions for fixing them.

• Lee Gordon
    2 years ago

Never had this problem but know others have. I would contact diyezebreeze.com They are great people and could probably send out clips.

• ccfil12
    2 years ago

We are in NY and building a 3 season room from scratch and debating using these windows. Any opinion on how they will hold up to the cold winters? Do you think it's a deal breaker? Also, anything to plan for ahead of time if we do use them?

• HU-183801300
    2 years ago

I purchased mine online from ezebreezedirect.com Their prices are far less than any one and the service is beyond compare. They answered all my questions I highly recommend them

• HU-183801300
    2 years ago

Eze breeze is the best choice for enclosing your porch. The best prices can be found on Ezebreezedirect.com

• Susan Madden
    2 years ago

Interested in getting Ezebreeze for our screened in porch since the pollen is horrible and covers the deck and furniture. Do they stay clear after years of use or do they yellow?

• w_routt
    2 years ago

I installed mine in the fall of 2015. I clean them every spring and fall. They are as clear as the day they were installed, no yellowing.

• Glenn Brown
    2 years ago

BEWARE.....Recently moved and wanted a 3 season room on the back of our new residence. Having had EZ Breeze windows in our previous home I requested them for our new room. Getting these windows was an extremely long ordeal that resulted a great deal of frustration. Contrary to the misleading statement on their web site that the windows ship as soon as 10 business days our windows were paid for in full on June 20th and did not arrive until July 31st, a full 41 days. As the 3rd week came and went we inquired with the EZ Breeze store to get a update on when they could be expected to ship/arrive and were given the same answer, "you'll get them when they are shipped and we should expect a email notifying us of shipment". When the shipment arrived it had suffered extensive damage, of the 10 pieces only 4 were usable, the others had extensive damage to the frames. Immediately we informed the EZ Breeze store and after numerous pictures and my contractor in phone communication the replacements were ordered. I was told that the replacements would go into the same production queue that had taken 41 days for the initial order. With the wait for replacements under way both my contractor and myself attempted to get some insight as to a projected shipping date. None of these efforts produced any usable response from ezbreeze and we ultimately gave up trying to get any response or insight. The 6 replacement windows delivered 28 days after the initial shipment. Of the 6 replacements one of the windows was not a size that we ordered. The window was 10 inches narrower that the originally ordered window (initial damaged window waas the proper size) so the wall opening had to be re-framed to accommodate this window. As a side note neither the initial shipment or the replacement shipment contained the installation hardware that was ordered. White SS screws had to be sourced from Lowes to complete the install. This was AFTER we told them that the hardware was not with the initial shipment. 69 total days to get 10 serviceable windows (1 door), dealing with a Sales/CS group that gives no response to inquiries about order status even though the initial shipment took 4X the stated expected delivery time. No consideration or process to supply replacements quickly when something goes wrong with the initial order. As someone that had this product and was a satisfied using them again has been a nightmare. Would not recommend the EZ Breeze Store to anyone.

• Jim Morgan
    2 years ago

I Recently installed EZE-Breeze windows and doors in my covered porch. I love the windows. My parents have had these windows for almost 20 years and they look almost new today. However, the doors are a completely difference story. The basic problem is they leak along the threshold. The lower threshold seal is actual attached to the bottom of the door. What happens is rain gets into the threshold and then leaks into the house! Wouldn't buy the doors again and plan to replace them soon.

• HU-8519476
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We had an experience similar to Glenn Brown, damaged windows. It took weeks and three shipments to actually get mostly undamaged replacements. Note that these weren't minor scratches. First replacement shipment was so badly damaged the trucker told us to reject the shipment. We finally gave up, last shipment had some scrapes on the frame, some dents, but not worth the effort to replace them. Now, the vinyl is coming out of the windows, it looks like the vinyl sheet wasn't properly cut, the spline can't possibly hold it in. Dealer isn't being responsive, even though these things supposedly have a 10 year warranty. I think they are quite overpriced for what you get, which is basically a box of aluminum extrusions and some plastic film. Note the fine print when ordering: if you don't order windows with screens, they come with the frames unassembled, so plan on screwing them all together. I don't understand how they get such good reviews. On the plus side, they do look nice. Well, except for the places where the paint was scraped off.

• Kathy n/a
    2 years ago

The same thing is going to happen to

• bbdoll01
    last year

Don't understand the good reviews. We bought them in 2014 and liked them the first couple of years in spite of the difficulty in cleaning. When you have 13 of them, it is not a "breeze". Now, they don't open and close easily and probably half of the spring pins that hold the window in have broken. Emailed with a person today who simply said buy new ones. When I mentioned the difficulty with opening they suggested a product to put on the track (which I had read before not to do that). I would not buy them again.

• Jim Lynch
    last year

landgar - I know this is an old thread, but I had a question on your ez breeze porch windows - is the bottom section (area covering railing) part of the sliding window or is that a permanent window? And do top windows slide vertically or horizontally to open? Thanks for info - really like the look of your porch.

• Kathy n/a
    last year
    last modified: last year

Did not get the Ezbreez

• dawnknapp
    last year

Jim Lynch, I don't understand your first question. As far as how they open that is your decision.

• Kathy n/a
    last year

Did not get the Ezbreez

• Kathy n/a
    last year

Thanks for the complement. Love our tilt in thermal windows. No problems with and no hassles with installation or cleaning or curtains hanging right. Perfect choice for our needs along with year round usage here in the Midwest. No regrets with our thermal pane windows and worth every penny $8,000 for contractor to do along with permits and inspections.

• Jim Lynch
    last year

I was specifically looking at the above post (from a while ago) from user "landgcar" that included a photo of their porch with EZ breeze windows. Wanted to know how they configured the windows as it looks different from most of the 4 section sliding window installs. Thanks

• Steve Woods
    last year

10 years later and we are still loving our Eze Breeze windows on our DIY three season room. No problems whatsoever and the window material is still good as new. https://www.barplan.com/three-season-room-plan/

• Kathy n/a
    last year

Good for you

• connemara26
    last year

We’ve had these windows for seven years now. They’re light, hold up great against hurricanes and torrential rains (I live in SC). My problem is cleaning them. I think we spent $15.00 in the showroom on a can of some kind of spray cleaner as we were told this is what we’re to use. I used this product the following spring (about a year after installation)...believe me when I say this stuff doesn’t clean anything! All it does is smear and look awful! I have tried over and over to clean them. But no matter what I use, I CANNOT CLEAN THEM ENOUGH TO REMOVE THE SMEARS. When the sun hits them in the morning they look like crap! I have a very large screened in porch ( twelve sets of four windows plus the door which has four smaller windows as a stationary window above. It takes quite a bit of time to wash all those screens inside and out and to clean the partitions between each set of windows. (About 3-4 days). To have the windows looking so filthy and smeared each morning after working so hard is SO AGGRAVATING!!! If I had known how awful they would look in the sunshine I’d never have bought them. If I could I’d change them out for glass, the hell with the weight. I’m almost killing myself now trying to clean them so what’s the difference. I’d rather have all my hard work pay off in the end.
    Has anyone ever heard of being able to change the vinyl windows for glass?
    I checked on the Internet for suggestions on how to clean them. Someone suggested Marine window cleaner. I went to buy it at a boat store and it was $40.00 per can. I compared it to the can of cleaner I had bought at the showroom and they were very similar. I don’t want to get stuck with a $40.00 can of Marine window cleaner....no possibility of buying a boat. 😎

• Kathy n/a
    last year

I'm sorry for the problem you're having. I did so much investigating on the Ezbreez prior to a final decision. I chose double hung thermal tilt windows of all the problems I was reading people were having, one being not able to clean them properly and the problems associated with them. 2 years later I have no regrets on my decision, because I read so many issues cats tearing them, cleaning them, problems orders, problems with installation, getting replacement parts, hanging curtains, etc. Hopefully you'll find something that will work for you and you can relax and enjoy your windows.

• Maxypaxy NJ
    last year

Do Not Buy This Product. We have had these installed in a second home for about 10 years now and I would discourage anyone from buying them. The parts do not hold up and they are impossible to clean. We have about 10 windows and never touch any sections except the bottom ones but even with the very little we do open any section, at least 10 thumb latches have snapped off. That's 50% fail rate which is unacceptable. I could almost live with that but the vinyl is another story. It has become hazy and has permanent marks from the sun and there is no way to clean up. So the beautiful look we once had in our room is now marred by ugly, dirty looking windows. There is no fix either other than replacing every window vinyl panel which I would not spend the money to redo because the same problem would recur.

• Steve Woods
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hmmm, I've had these for over 10 years and never broken off a single latch. Granted, the film is not as clear as glass, but we keep them open 99% of the time anyway. Only close them in winter and during rain or high winds. Compared to the price of glass windows, these are still our best choice. Have not had one tear or failure of the panes themselves on the windows or the transoms. These have even seen an F0 tornado last year and very high winds. Sounds like "Kathy" is here from a window dealer trying to torpedo everyone who is interested in them. $8000 for windows? I built my entire patio for 8k.

• Maxypaxy NJ
    last year

To follow up on my previous comment, please see photo from one panel in my enclosed porch at Little Egg Harbor NJ.

• Kathy n/a
    last year

Steve Woods, my entire room was $8,000, not just the windows. That was insullation, electric, vinyl siding around and underneath the room, insulated double hung windows with full screens, door, carpet, labor and material. The area prior was a screened in porch, so the basic area already there. I'm not pushing a window company, I just did a lot of research on Ezbreez, reading people's comments, reviews, good and bad and made a decision that I felt worked best for our needs without the aggrevation that I felt people were having. I posted my end decision for an effort to help people make a decision based on word of mouth. If the Ezbreez windows work for other people, I'm happy for them. It's a lot of money either way in my opinion, and I appreciated the information shared regardless of if it was for or against the Ezbreez. It was merely info for my decision making. Sorry you feel I was attacking you and your decision. Have a pleasant day.

• kllegssc
    last year

I used a bucket of Woolite and water to clean windows. Used a rag to gently wipe windows and then a Karcher window vac to remove the excess water and the windows cleaned up beautifully.

I am having some difficulty opening and closing them. Fit too tightly. A few of the middle window dividers came loose while trying to close top panel properly. Will be having contractor take a look at them.

• Anne Rossi
    last year

We live in South Carolina. We had a knee wall and screening put in on our covered porch 15 years ago but pollen rendered the room useless for several weeks so when we found out about EZ Breeze, we had them installed, about 13 years ago. Ours are huge and the panels have one spring on the side, not clips on the top like the newer version. I would take them out every spring and wash them with Woolite in hot water with a microfiber cloth and buff them dry with another microfiber cloth and they looked beautiful....until about 3 years ago. They started to separate in the corners and it was becoming more and more difficult to push each panel to once side so I could pop it out of the track. Difficult to get them to snap into top of track too. Two years ago, I had them come out to give me a price to just do new panels and the guy gave me a price almost triple their original cost. Needless to say, I’m replacing them with REAL thermopane single hung Pella windows for half the price and will also have a more energy efficient room when done.

• H Reed
    last year

We’ve had EZBreeze windows for approx 7yrs. No problems with installation, nothing has broken, and they’ve been easy to clean. The company stressed to us to use nothing but Water to clean them - no soap, windex, etc. Water & a microfiber cloth. And we’ve had no problems. Way cheaper than windows, but that’s not why we chose them. We wanted to feel like we were out in nature - be able to hear the birds, feel the breeze & see the yard - but with the option of weather proofing when it rained (which it does in the Midwest all the time) & during the winter. With a small heater, we can sometimes sit out there in the winter (greenhouse effect). Love them for this reason

• Tom Wilkinson
    11 months ago

I have them installed for 12 years on a 38’ porch in NH. I love them.

• Mary Dwyer Berman
    11 months ago

Hi Tom - we live in Concord, NH and are considering this product for a 3 season porch. The closest showroom we could find is in West Hartford, CT. Do you know of one closer? Thanks, Mary

• HU-408414626
    10 months ago

We’re considering these windows. We live in Nebraska with the crazy weather and we have kids and a dog. Wondering how well they hold up to the year round weather elements and wear and tear. Looking at these and Scenix windows as well.

• HU-75499122
    10 months ago

We live in Iowa and installed ours in the Fall of 2015. We have had zero problems with them in 5 years. No broken parts, no yellowing of the vinyl, no tears. Feel free to view my earlier posts and photos on this site.

• HU-408414626
    10 months ago

Awesome! Thanks for the reply!! Can you use the porch most of the year with the windows?

• HU-75499122
    10 months ago

Spring and Fall are great, Summer and Winter not so much. We have 2 ceiling fans in our porch, so with the windows open and the fans running it can be used in the summer. Once Winter sets in with temps below freezing, we rarely use the porch, but the windows keep the snow out and on sunny days it does heat up enough to sit out there for short periods of time.

• HU-337768905
    10 months ago

We are considering these for our 3-season room but are a little concerned as they will,be i. The full sun all day. We are in Ottawa Canada and the temperatures in the summer can reach 80-90F (30C+). Has anyone had any negative problems in the hot weather?

• HU-75499122
    10 months ago

Iowa summers 90-100F, Our porch is on East end of home with one wall facing south in direct sun all day. We have had no problems, but windows are kept open except when raining.

• Kathy n/a
    10 months ago

I have 3 season room that originally was screened porch.we converted 2 yrs ago because of pollen and attempting to keep everything clean. After long studies and quotes, I believe 5 or 6, we choose double hung thermal windows, with full screens that can open from top or bottom based on our needs and outcome of looks, longevity, durability, maintenance, etc. Each person's needs are different. Cost since the basic shell was already there, was less expensive for us being a 24 x 12 ft. room with materials labor and code inspections and permits. There are 14 windows total. Abundance amount of sunlight and plenty of air flow with some or all windows open.
    being 12 ft off the ground, we get the feeling if being outside and enjoy the room throughout the year. We're in Illinois, close to St. Louis so our winters and summers can be miserable. It us not the same as all screened in room, but I like this so much more, no pollen, and year around use. So you have to ask yourself what you want, what you want to spend and what will be the least amount if maintenance so you can sit back and enjoy life. Good Luck .

• HU-295698531
    10 months ago

I we had it to do over, we would put in "real" windows. Not a fan, in spite of other's good reviews. We live in Alabama and had 13 windows that got mostly all day sun and I think that is what caused the plastic parts to deteriorate.

• HU-995271767
    9 months ago

I installed EZ Breeze windows for a customer and they are not happy with the way they open and close. EZ Breeze asked me to send them videos of the customer opening and closing them. EZ Breeze received the videos late December and I haven’t heard back from the “claim“ department. My guess is they are understaffed in the claim department... To me that’s a red flag...

• Judy Foster
    9 months ago

I have had the EZ Breeze windows for about 9 years and I live in West Virginia. They have held up well but I am searching for someone to tell me if it is difficult to replace the windows with traditional glass, do you just measure and order the same as you would for the house windows? I see people talk about the additional weight but I could have chosen glass at initial build so the room should be strong enough? I also want to replace the doors, again the question just any new door will work..height, width same of course. Really really would appreciate any advice or suggestions. I use my room year round, I keep it heated but think traditional glass and new doors will cut heating cost which really isn't too bad but it is a bit drafty.

Have a fantastic day!

• Judy Cook
    5 months ago

I have had these Windows for over 10 years. They are very lightweight and some of them with broken latches 🙄🙄 will blow open in strong inter storms. I used to use the room 3 seasons but these do not hold any heat at all unless it is quite hot. There are broken clips on 1/3 of the windows.
    As to the recommended product to clean them, I had nothing but smears. My friend who cleans windows for high-end homes and also some government buildings told me to use distilled water, and for me it works,the best.
    They are definitely not pet-proof.
    They look nice, but are not all that easy.

Judy Cook

• HU-297520485
    2 months ago

I've had them for several years in a 3 season sunroom and regret buying them. Ours have been very difficult to clean and keep clean (in spite of videos showing how 'easy' it is), they don't do well in strong winds, have become hard to open over time, and we have had no good way to get help when we had questions. Won't buy again and don't recommend.

• Kristin M
    3 days ago

What actual material is the stretchy plastic/vinyl(?) that is used in the EZ Breeze windows? Can i buy it in a roll?

We decided not to buy the (four-panel EZ Breeze windows) after checking out our neighbors'. Instead, We're going with plain old screen panels for all summer, but are looking for a storm panel option - not for heat retention, just to keep snow drifts off the floor and furniture over the long VT winters.

• HU-297520485
    3 days ago

Mine are vynal but probably thicker than you would buy on a roll. I never bought vynal like that so can't help you. My neighbor made his own out of pexiglass to be used as you mentioned. I wish we had done different. Would never buy again.

• Anne Rossi
    3 days ago

Kristin M. - maybe you can get those see through hurricane panels they sell at Lowe’s or just make some frames and attach plexiglas to them?!

• Judy Cook
    3 days ago

I’ve seen replacement material on their website. I think it’s expensive.
    I dislike the windows immensely, particularly the small levers (or whatever they are called) at the top/side that you push in so as to raise or lower the windows. They break so easy and I’ve replaced a lot of them.
    I have 10 large windows of them on my porch so I can’t just replace the.
    The glass windows used to hold some of the sunlight warmth on a cool day, but these don’t.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler