SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krisurq

HELP: My granite is too brown, how to fix?

Kris Urquhart
5 years ago

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel. I have an open floor plan so it is the same space with my dining nook and living room. The granite I chose looked much lighter, creamier and grayer in the warehouse than in my kitchen. My cabinets will be a creamy white. My floor is brown and now all I see is brown everywhere. I still need to pick backsplash, paint color. and lighting fixture in my dining nook. Also planning to update barstools, refinish or purchase some new furniture that doesn't work now. There are too many elements and I feel LOST! How do I break out of the forest of brown I've created? There is copper mica in the granite, should I do copper in my lighting fixture or is that more brown! I have SW Irish Cream and SW Sensible Hue as two possible paint colors (photo below). The front of the bar will have wainscoting (same creamy white as cabinets.). I was hoping to introduce teal (similar to sofa pillows) into the room possibly thru curtains, lamp, pillows and/or a piece of furniture. I have no idea what color my end tables or dining table should be.

Brown nook that needs lighting fixture and refinish or replace

Living room view

Paint colors. foreground SW Sensible Hue, Background SW Irish Cream

Comments (15)