SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Big weather change and still working on garden beds

Julia WV (6b)
5 years ago

Hopefully the now much cooler temps will stick with us for the rest of the month. We've been lacking rain again but the weather forecast shows we may get up to 3 inches of rain by Monday. When digging and moving daylilies yesterday, I've found the soil very dry so I've been cleaning and soaking before replanting. I'm proud of myself that I've stuck to my plan to reduce the numbers. Not easy but it has to get done. I also found a small amount of bindweed in one of the beds. How in the world did it get started? That bed is being eliminated so each plant that is removed I have to clean it thoroughly to be sure that nasty weed doesn't show in another bed.

I've had a couple of plants send up rebloom: Jellyfish Jealousy, Jersey Spider, Mister Lucky and some others. Still blooming from original bloom spikes are Piedmont Paleface and Rouen Cathedral.

Rudbeckia and coneflowers are just now starting to die back and the finches are having a feast. 2 new trees will be delivered and planted hopefully at the end of this month.

That is all that is going on here. How about in your garden? Are you ready to take a break and enjoy the last days of summer before the official start of fall?

Julia

Comments (8)