SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle41

Starting fresh, where do you shop? Share your home?

michelle41
5 years ago

I wanted to start a new post as my old one got kind of heavy. No fault of my own though. I must admit I felt like I was doing it all wrong and I would never be a good designer. Today I woke up and I started to clean and the sun was shining and the house felt shinny and I like shinny, I thought to myself this is me and I am OK with that.

I may never have that house with the larger open defined spaces that you see on houzz, but perhaps I could have the tiny version of it. If I am upfront, perhaps you guys can help me do that. I just cannot afford to move, without hubby, I just cannot afford that bigger better house. Even if hubby was still alive, we could not afford it. But really, what do I need with a bigger home anyhow. The prices in Denver have gotten so high. I live in a neighborhood that has small 50's brick ranches and mid century homes. The houses sale in days and there is very low inventory. So others are willing to buy into the neighborhood that I bought into.

I learned from you guys that I may be trendy or HGTV like, but that is OK because when the trends change, I am always changing things up also. I do like HGTV. Hilary from Love it or List it is my favorite tv designer. My favorite store is West Elm, but I do like Crate & Barrel, CB2 and a little of Pottery Barn. but like I said that when I do decide to change things up, perhaps you can help me. I know designers try not to be trendy, but I can still go to school and learn how to make different refreshing styles for others. Where do you guys shop? What inspires you and what is your style? I would love to see your photos if anyone is willing to share. I get so excited to look at other homes. I get all excited to go to a estate sale, just to look at that home. Love to see yours!

Comments (4)