SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
logdogsmith69

Norcal fire help with struggling trees

logdogsmith69
5 years ago

I live in northern Ca where a fire devastated my town. Over 1000 homes were lost including my brothers where I had a few trees in the ground as well as containers. None of the trees actually were burnt but basically all were defoliated from either heat or lack of water. We were unable to get up to water the trees in the evacuation area for over a week. Anyways they are all budding out again in some way. Although some won't look good because of major branch loses I can't discard anything that's fighting to stay alive, no matter how it will look. So I have a few questions. I feel like the ones in containers are doing the best and should make a full recovery, but is there anything I can do to prevent more loss during dormancy or at least help them? Next the trees I dug up and transferred into containers I would like to repot into a more container friendly soil when there dormant but is it best to mAybe leave them be for another full season. Any thoughts or comments that would help increase their chances would be greatly appreciated. Also I had a bloodgood far to big to transplant myself in the middle of summer its about 10 feet tall it was also defoliated in the fire but has come back magnificently I wanted to wait for it to go dormant and give a shot at moving it also so any advice there would be great

Comment

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville