SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brette_little

window treatment dilemma-newbie here!

Brette Little
5 years ago

I recently bought my first house, a post and beam built in the 90's, on one of the gulf islands close to Vancouver, BC.

The windows are pretty bad, single pained. We don't have the money to replace all the windows right now, but we do need to do something to treat them to help with insulation for the winter months. I usually would put up curtains everywhere, but we have electric baseboard heaters below the windows, and I hate the look of short curtains.

I've never had blinds before, and if we spend the money I want to make sure I'm going to like it for a long time. I don't really know what suits this style of house so any ideas will be useful. Though I like the idea of natural materials, I'm a bit hesitant to have wood colour, or bamboo as there is so much wood in this house, and I want it to look more modern rather than like a cabin. The last thing I should add is that i find the windows quite ugly, they are old and have an ugly black frame around them. I thought something that covered this a bit would help kill two birds with one stone.

Thank you!

Comments (5)