SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleshbits

In option period for house

fleshbits
5 years ago

I have lots of questions, but I will try to minimize it to the essential stuff. I have 4 more days to pull out.

During inspection I was waiting on the inspector to do his thing and happened to pull back a throw rug in the kitchen. Underneath it was a foot and a half square ripped hole in the floor. Evidently their dog must have clawed or eaten his way down to the foundation. It seems to be a roll of adhesive stuff much like wallpaper...but a floor.

Question 1: Isn't there supposed to be something between the foundation and the roll of sticky rolled out floor stuff? There wasn't even padding. If I dropped a hand weight, I'd chip the foundation.

I also noticed that the air filter where the AC sucks in the air, was filthy and so clogged that the AC evidently bent it in half in order to get air.

Question 2: Wouldn't it have done some non obvious damage to the AC considering they have 2 dogs and all that animal hair must have been getting sucked into the system for the last 6 years?

We also noticed there is no (I think he said) pressure valve out at the street and the water pressure is 80PSI, which is right at the boundry of acceptable. He said I could install some manner of tank myself to control pressure, but there is supposed to be something at the street.

Question 3: Is it going to be a hassle with the city to get to the bottom of that?

Comments (19)